Local Assemblyman gets appointed to Governors cabinet

THE DEADWILEY TRUTH
OP-ED COLUMN

Local Assemblyman gets appointed to Governors cabinet
By Eric M. Deadwiley
April 20, 2011

New York State Assembly-member Darryl Towns, the representative of the 54th Assembly District has been chosen as the next Commissioner and CEO of New York States Homes and Community Renewal as reported by “Capitol Confidential.”  According to Capitol Confidential, Governor Cuomo said: “Assemblyman Towns is a dedicated public servant who certainly fits the bill.” I for one am not surprised the governor would come to that conclusion about Assemblyman Towns. After all, Assemblyman Towns represents my assembly district. I have made contact with Assemblyman Towns a time or two. Whether it was at a block association meeting or in reply to my numerous correspondences to him requesting his intervention for everything from “Speed-bumps” to “Park Renovations,” Assemblyman Towns made his-self available. I from time to time would check Assemblyman Towns’ legislative record, as I do all of my local representatives – just to see if they are looking out for my best interest as a constituent.

I was not so impressed with Assemblyman Towns’ legislative record!  Not because he did not accomplish anything that was noteworthy.  After all, it is my humble belief that Assemblyman Towns is an “Excellent” politician. I just do not believe he is a “Ruff and Tumble” legislator. Assemblyman Towns is the kind of politician that doesn’t like to ruffle anyone’s feathers! He is what I call a “Soft shoe” politician that likes to take the path of the least resistance. I suspect these qualities are mostly why Governor Cuomo picked him for that position. Governor Cuomo is well known to be a “Fall-in-line” or “Fall out of favor” kind of guy. I guess not all politicians can be like an Adam Clayton Powell III or a Councilman Charles Barron. With all of that being said, I wish Assemblyman (now) Commissioner Towns all of the best wishes and blessings in his new position.

Eric M. Deadwiley is a Freelance Op-Ed Columnist, Ghost-writer and Author

Contact:         Eric M. Deadwiley
Email               thedeadwileytruth@yahoo.com
Blog:               thedeadwileytruth@blogspot.com





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE MLK DAY EMBARRASSEMENT

CONTACT TRACER RECRUITMENT DISCRIMINATION

BLACK MEN ARE ASKING: WHY SHOULD WE CONTINUE TO MARCH?